Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm shredding!

A few weeks after Sasha was born, I remember talking to my husband about when I would be allowed to exercise. It's funny, because I was never really a big work-out fan, in fact I've been kinda lazy in the past about getting to the gym. But I was so ready to say good bye to the annoying pooch I had hanging out on my tummy (you know, where just weeks ago a large baby was residing). Well, I did lose all the pregnancy weight by about 3 months post-partum. The pooch, however, remained. And it is still there to this day. Well, I'm tired of it. I'm tired of wiggling my way into all my jeans and pants. And then I was naive enough (or stupid, whichever word you prefer) to order a two-piece swimsuit from Victoria's Secret. What I was thinking at the moment, I could not tell you. All I know is that beautiful twelve-dollar blue swimsuit is now sitting in my dresser mocking me. Sigh.
So today, I started the 30 Day Shred. Again. I've gotten as far as day 5 or 6 when I tried it before, but this time, I'm resolving to stick to it. I've got 10 extra pounds that I'd like to get rid of. I've got a beautiful blue two-piece swimsuit I'd like to wear in a month. And I figured that if I have my blog (readers?) to be accountable to, I may actually stick to it this time.
I just did my first workout while Sasha ate her snack and I'm feeling tolerably sore, but I think this might actually work for my schedule. Now, I will certainly not be disclosing the number my scale too eagerly shows me on Friday mornings, but if I get to that coveted goal of mine and a flat tummy, then I'll not only be sharing, I'll be showing off.
Here's to Jillian Michaels kicking my butt (err, tummy)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it usually the skinny people who do the shred? Hmm. :)

Yuliya A. said...

You're too kind ;) Really, I'm just trying to work towards "skinny".