Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Gymboree fun!

Last Wednesday, Sasha and I decided to try out Gymboree for the first time ever (I got a fantastic deal on Groupon that I just couldn't pass up). But of course, I forgot my camera... and what do you know after class, we saw Shaquille O'Neal and Rachael Ray being filmed in a Trader Joe's in the city... but I digress. The kiddo had so much fun playing there that the very next day she blurted out a funny "beek-a-boo" (she's only used the Russian "kookoo" for hiding games) Holy moly, I thought, this Gymboree thing is effective! Today, I made sure to take my camera with me (although for fear of being looked funny at, I grabbed the p&s which did not yield such fab results as my SLR does, oh well)
We "made" pizzas, then cut them with pizza cutters and "ate" some
 
Bubbles!
 
Having fun jumping with the clown
 
Guess who wore herself out and fell asleep on the subway?

And yes, she's still having a hard time falling asleep, so we'll keep working on it. I'm crossing my fingers (and toes too, just in case) that this is just a phase and will pass sooner rather than later. I had been planning to start full-on potty training in a couple of weeks, and I really just wish we could deal with one thing at a time. On top of that, at the end of August, we're going to a summer house we're subletting for a week, so that may throw everything off. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

No comments: