Thursday, June 4, 2009

9-month dr. appointment and stats

We had Sasha's 9-month pedi appointment today and it went fairly well (if you don't count the incredibly loud crying after the first shot, followed by more incredibly loud crying after the second - makes me so glad we're not following the suggested vaccination schedule and spacing them out, I cannot imagine what four shots would feel like!) I guess that's all of the bad news. The good news is that there are no more shots until she's 1, that's a whole 3 months away, I am so relieved. We do have to go in at 11 months to get some blood drawn to check for iron, but the dr. gave me a prescription for a cream to be applied shortly before the appointment to numb the area, so little Miss shouldn't feel a thing (unless she's like her mama and the site of needles is enough to make her queasy).
Here are her stats: 19.8lbs (65th percentile) and 28" long (75th percentile). She seems to be slowing down a bit, but seeing how she constantly moves around, there's no surprise there! All in all, the dr. is happy with how she's doing and developing, although she did mention that she should be eating less pureed food now, so I guess I'll need to get on that. She's now happily napping, so hopefully this round of shots was better than the last. Baby girl turns 9 months old tomorrow... but that's a whole different post.

No comments: