Thursday, December 25, 2008

A year ago today

Exactly a year ago today, we found out I was pregnant. The first thing I said to my husband that morning was "You're going to be a daddy", and (since this was 8am and he hasn't quite woken up yet), he looked at me as if I had three heads and had no idea what I was talking about. I had to give him a few minutes to understand what was going on. But as soon as it sank in, he gave me the biggest hug ever! We were so excited! We were going to have a little one. It wasn't just the two of us anymore. This was the best news ever.
The next 9 months literally flew by and now we have a wonderful baby girl who we are so in love with. I sometimes think back to a few days before we found out and how I just knew I was pregnant and in anticipation of our little miracle and it all seems so surreal, so long ago, yet only a year has gone by! This morning, our little girl greeted daddy wearing a santa hat and demanding breakfast. Oh, and she actually slept through the night!!! Yes, I know I'm jinxing myself, but I doubt it will happen again anytime soon (she's slept entire night for about a month until she was 2 and a half months old, and since then wakes up once or twice a night) - it's a Christmas miracle, hehe. Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!!

No comments: