Saturday, June 26, 2010

Daycare for Sasha?

We've been considering putting our girl in daycare come September, when she turns 2. For some reason, I have been having the worst time trying to find one that will accept kids for two days a week (because let's be honest, mama isn't ready to let her little tiny teeny itty bitty baby go to daycare for the whole five days!) I called around and I called around with no results, hearing back things like "well, how would we go about filling the other three days of that spot?" (really caring, huh?) and "well, how do you expect her to learn everything we plan to teach her throughout the year?" (dude, she's two!) Then one day, I randomly dialed a number of a daycare that I've passed by on my way to the store hundreds of times in the past almost two years. Blind dialed. And guess what? They do accommodate part-timers, although they did try to tell me that it might be easier for the child to go full-time after some period of adjustment.
And honestly, that really is my only concern with these people. Other than that one statement, we really liked them. The classrooms are small, the kids looked very clean and well cared for (not to mention that the teacher was very sweet with them). They get to play, speak both Russian and English (two different teachers speak different languages with them), go outside daily, take naps, learn things, and are even fed there!
I had a really good feeling about this place, but at the same time, I'm kinda having some trouble grasping the concept of her being away from me for that long on a regular basis. I think I'm going to call a few more day cares around here and hopefully see some and then make our decision, we do still have time till September.

No comments: