Monday, January 26, 2009

We started solids!!

Last Friday (at exactly 20 weeks), we gave Sasha her first taste of "solid" food (I put solid in big quotations because as you'll see from the video, the rice cereal was very very watery).
It was really funny watching her try to figure out what this thing that mommy and daddy were putting in her mouth was. At first, she completely ignored us coming at her with a spoon and instead stared at the camera. Then she'd let the cereal just flow out of her mouth. Then she figured out she could play with it and started blowing bubbles into the spoon! By the end of the feeding though, she seemed to have figured out that she needed to open up her mouth and swallow.
All in all, I'd have to say, it was a success and we continued giving her some more every day. Originally, we were going to wait until 6 months to start her on solids, but the recent wave of waking up every hour each night and crying non-stop (until, after trying everything else, we would give her a couple of ounces of breastmilk which seemed to help a lot) made us think that maybe she was just not getting enough anymore. It made me a little sad knowing that my breastmilk wasn't enough to satisfy her, but at the same time she's growing so fast and her needs are changing!

"Ma, I'm so not amused right now!"


"Don't tell him, but I'm pretending I don't see daddy"

No comments: