Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Outside (and my silly dad)

The weather has been marvelous around here the past couple of weeks - we've been enjoying as much outside time as possible. It's so easy to get side-tracked with things that "need to" get done, like laundry or dishes or vacuuming (and keep in mind that I'm not some sort of a domestic goddess by any means, in fact on any given day, you're likely to see unfolded laundry, shoes strewn around by the entryway, or shopping bags not yet put away), but getting outside and seeing Sasha chase bubbles and laugh a hearty laugh when one of them rests on a tree by the driveway for just a few seconds before bursting is just so much more rewarding!
And a silly picture of my dad for good measure. The guy's silly, ok? He does silly things. Like carrying a kid (or sometimes two) on his shoulder. See that outstretched arm? That was him asking me (the giant pregnant lady) if I wanted to go on his other shoulder.
Sasha has been at my parents' house the last few days since she was a bit under the weather, but my mom reports and she was eating and sleeping so much better this morning and seems to be doing a ton better! I was talking to her on the phone yesterday and she asked me if we missed her, I said "We miss you so much, sweetie", to which she replied "mama, don't miss me" Melted mama's heart!
Happy first day of spring! I'm going for a walk in a bit, after finishing up some of those chores that really really *should* get done.

No comments: