Thursday, March 15, 2012

I'm so ready!

With less than a week to go, I'm so so ready for this little guy to come! While I'm tired and sore most of the time (and don't even get me started on how difficult getting comfortable at night is at this point), I'm really emotionally ready to meet our son. All of last week, I had a feeling of "it can happen any minute". This week, strangely, I'm a lot more laid-back about when he does arrive. I go from one extreme to another: one minute I'm hoping that a small twinge is a sure sign of impending labor and the next minute I'm terrified of him getting here *right now* and having TWO kids!!
And then my big girl does something like hug my belly and proclaim her love for her brother, and I melt into a giant puddle. For instance, yesterday, we were at Rite Aid picking up some vitamins when she walked past this cutie and said that we just had to get it for her baby brother:
It is now sitting on the windowsill, waiting for the baby brother to arrive!
She's going to make the best big sister!!

No comments: