Monday, July 18, 2011

Playing catch-up

I haven't posted since last Monday - bad bad blogger! But, to be perfectly honest, nothing much was going on really. Most of last week we spent at home since it was so bizarrely hot and disgusting outside. I did get to the city on Thursday for a lunch/coffee date/shopping with my good friend Inna, Z, and my sister, so that was nice. The weekend was pretty exciting though. We dropped Sasha off at my in-laws and went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part II. When I say it was spectacular, that's an understatement!! It was so good, I seriously don't think I've ever cried and laughed and clapped so much watching a movie, ever! And granted, I haven't been a huge fan of the series from the beginning and only really got into it pretty recently, I think I blended in with the long-time fans pretty nicely. Sunday, we went to look at houses in NJ - which was fun, but so tiring.
Today, my braces came off!! Woohoo!! That's so exciting, though the process was not a very pleasant one, but at least, I'm done with them! Now I do have to see my dentist for a deep cleaning, so that's a pretty terrifying prospect, but I have no choice in the matter, sigh.
Tomorrow, I'm planning to take Sasha to the movies for the first time ever to see Charlotte's Web. There's a $1 summer movie program in a theater near us, so I figure even if she hates it, we can leave and it's not like we paid $19 for each ticket (and yeah, we paid $19 for each ticket for HP in Imax 3D - how ridiculous is that!)

No comments: