Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Welcome, summer!

As per usual, the spring never arrived in NY: the long and cold winter (and this one has been a particularly snowy one too!) has morphed into a sweltering hot summer. We've had temperatures in the 90's the past few days. And now we're under a tornado warning... fun times!
Last summer was a bit chaotic with us randomly deciding to do something, so this year I came up with a plan, if you will, a rough list of things I'd like to do this summer (when Z saw the list, he looked at me like I had two heads and declared that there aren't enough weekends this summer, but I'm determined to do as much as we can):
Rye Playland
Washington DC (done!!)
New York Aquarium
The Bronx Zoo (already went once, might go again)
Staten Island Zoo
Botanical Gardens
Children's Museum (Brooklyn and Manhattan)
Central Park and the zoo
Jersey shore - a long weekend sometime this summer
Coney Island - love this place!
Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty
Intrepid Museum
Jones Beach (can totally go more than once)
Liberty Science Center
NY Hall of Science
Queens County Farm Museum (or really any other farm where we can play with cute little animals)
South street seaport - love this place!
Camping - this idea was just brought up a couple of days ago and I'm trying to figure out if Sasha's fear of bugs will outweigh the fun we'd have

So yeah, that's quite a list, huh? I'm really excited about all these things. I'm also looking forward to doing a bunch of non-kid things, like multiple birthdays, Harry Potter weekends with Marina and her boyfriend, going out with other adults, my mom's family coming to the States for my sister's wedding at the end of August. It's going to be a good summer!!
Happy first (unofficial?) day of summer!!

No comments: