Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year's resolutions

So, the year has begun and the first week's almost gone. That leaves 52 (ish) weeks to keep - or break - the new year's resolutions that so many people tend to make. I'm going to be honest, I've never actually done that. Never. probably because I knew I wouldn't last that long. Last year (you know, the one that ended six days ago!), I decided I was going to take at least one picture a day to document and remember the little things that happen every day. Like new t-shirts, funny hats, exciting toys, and snow blizzards. Today is January 6th and I haven't touched my camera in four days. So yeah, I need new resolutions.
1) I am going to take better care of myself. Like getting proper workouts in my day, eating healthier, seeing the doctors when I need to see them instead of putting it off.
2) I am going to take a different attitude with things I cannot control. Like not freaking out over things other people do or say. And taking a few deep breathes to realize that the kiddo did not wake up in the middle of the night just to spite me for staying up so late myself.
3) I am going to clean more often and more thoroughly. The closets need to be cleaned out, the old toys need to be thrown out or donated, and our balcony/storage room is in a really bad shape (good thing that's mostly my husband's stuff, so I'll just show his this post and he'll get right to cleaning it, 'cuz that's how we do it around here ;))
4) And I'm going to read more. I'm already done with the first Harry Potter books and half way through the second (awesome present from my hubby!) I have a few more books that have been sitting on the shelf waiting to be read and some I've wanting to pick up for some time.
So there you have it, my new year's resolutions. Pretty ambitious, if I say so myself. Care to wager how long I'll last?
I saw a bit of the Ellen DeGeneres show and she said something along the lines of "Every year, my resolutions are to exercise more, to eat healthier, and to drink more. This way, you know at least one of them is going to happen"

No comments: