Friday, September 17, 2010

Updates and pictures post

I realized today that there are a couple of things I haven't updated on in a while, so here goes. First, my weight loss journey: I mean, it's been how long since I last talked about it? Exactly! To tell you the truth I haven't properly worked out in months. I went for walks almost daily and doesn't chasing a toddler around count? I really really need to get back into working out. The problem is, I really don't like working out. So I'm looking at either trying out a gym while Sasha is in daycare or signing up for yoga/pilates classes, hopefully that'll keep me more motivated (or, I know, booking a vacation to somewhere tropical usually does the job ;))
Potty training. It sucks. Sasha is full-time in underwear, but we still have accidents here and there.She tells us about half the time when she needs to go (heck, she told me she needed to pee during our swimming lessons yesterday and made me get out and get her to the toilet!) and usually always pees when I sit her on the toilet, like before going out or bed. So the 3 day potty-training did not quite work its magic on this little girl, but it definitely gave us a great start. We got Sasha the cutest froggy toilet seat that she just adores! Now the nighttime has been worse: it started out decent with her waking up dry about half the morning, but in the last couple of weeks, she's been waking up completely soaked in the morning. Poor kid! So I finally caved and bought her some pull-ups for nighttime, I'm just hoping that won't mess up the progress we've already made.
Sasha wearing her fabulous Paris t-shirt with her new toy organizer
 
This is how my child sleeps apparently
 
Girly girl :)
 
Sasha helped me put a chair together yesterday and actually seemed to enjoy it!

P.S. I still owe pictures from Kristin and Joe's wedding last Saturday, but I took nearly 600 and going through them is a bigger pain that I had anticipated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about putting a diaper on her at night. Kids understand the difference. My big boys still wear a diaper at night.
Also, we just recently switched to cloth diapers and training pants. One pair of overnight trainers costs the same as a pack of pull ups, but lasts much longer. Also, they look like underwear, so your daughter won't be confused.

If you decide to try it out, I can advise, as I've been through many of them! zusilka@yahoo.com