Thursday, September 10, 2009

Miss Sasha signs!

We've being attempting to do baby sign language with Sasha for a while now, but I have to admit we were nowhere near consistent with it, unfortunately. I even bought these flash cards to give us a start (which turned out to be quite a waste of $12 since the concept of flashcards would be so lost on a 1-year-old, she'd probably chew on them instead). Recently, I decided to commit to signing a bit more, starting out this time with signs for "milk" and "eat"; I try to sign to her every time we sit down for a meal/snack and every time she has her cup of milk. Last night, as she was drinking her milk and I was signing to her, she signed back! It was not a perfect sign, but I'm pretty sure she knew what she was doing. It was so exciting I had to call Y into the living room to see it. Of course, the minute I pulled out the camera she stopped signing and proceeded drinking her milk.
Speaking of milk, we're completely off the bottles as of about a week ago. I gave in and let her have the bottles while she was sick, mostly for comfort, but since she's gotten better, she hasn't refused her straw cups at all. Yeah, that's my big girl. Now if only I could get her to not shake a regular cup I've tried giving her a few times and spilling the contents, that'd be awesome. But I'm getting ahead of myself here...

No comments: