Monday, November 19, 2012

How's he sleeping?

I've been getting this question ever since Max was born. He slept through the night a handful of times before he was 6 months old, then we sleep trained him, because it was getting exhausting for everybody involved. And he slept wonderfully for a month or so. And then something called "the wonder weeks" (which, by the way, is a completely misleading term) hit: babies going through these periods are fussy, clingy, and sleep less, mostly because they're learning a big new skill - in our case, I think it's crawling. And on top of that, some babies can have nightmares around 8 months. So my sweet little boy wakes up at least once or twice a night screaming bloody murder. He calms down as soon as I pick him up and rock him, so I know it's not his tummy or his teeth, or a myriad other things that could be bothering him. And it makes me so sad. This has been going on for almost 2 weeks now and it can't end soon enough.
This pictures just about sums it up!

2 comments:

Katy said...

Oh poor baby ! and poor you guys... Sounds horrible, hope it's gone soon

Yuliya A. said...

Ugh, I think he's also going through a growth spurt, he's started waking up to nurse randomly an hour or hour and a half earlier than usual.