Thursday, March 12, 2009

Teething sucks!

I've always heard this, I've been warned. But up to this moment, I downplayed it. A lot. It's like when pregnant women complain about their lack of sleep due to frequent need to run to the bathroom in the middle of the night, backaches, leg cramps, being uncomfortable in any position being told "just wait till your baby is here and theeeen you won't sleep" (OK, I don't think I actually did that, but you get the picture). My mom kept telling me it would be bad, and yes, it is.
Thankfully, her night sleep hasn't suffered (and I now just jinxed myself, didn't I?), but her morning nap and her overall mood are miserable! She can't seem to fall asleep in the morning without wailing. Her morning nap is so much shorter. And she's just so much crankier. I miss my happy giggly baby girl sometimes. And the worst part is that I can't make it any better for her. All I can do is snuggle with her and try to comfort her. But until those teeth are out, we can only do so much. I *think* we saw another tooth way under her gum, there's a tiny white line there. Hopefully, it comes through soon.

No comments: