Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Truth be told...

I enjoy rocking Sasha to sleep for her naps. When this whole insanity with her sleep started we were dead-set on no rocking. Sleeping in a stroller, laying down by her crib, holding her hand were all acceptable options (along with some "harsher" methods which have worked for us before), but no rocking. We were worried she'd gt used to it too quickly and it'd be so hard to break that habit. Well, after weeks of screaming and crying (both Sasha and me), I've had enough. I now rock her and put her down in our bed for naps. No more screaming. No more tears. No more knots in my stomach over whether she's going to nap. No more struggles. Just beautiful peaceful little girl (and often, her mama). It's wonderful.
II do still worry about it turning into a bad habit, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. I mean, she's got another two, maybe three, years of napping? I think I can handle that (let's just hope she sticks to her current *slow* growth pattern, mmkay?)

No comments: