Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Today is my first Mother's Day. And it was a wonderful day. We went to the Botanic Gardens to look at all the pretty flowers. It was such a nice warm day, and though there were a lot of people (a lot of moms with their kids celebrating the day, it was very sweet), we had a great time.

I finally figured out how to use the macro setting on our camera and took some pretty shots at the Botanic Gardens




Sasha's favorite thing to do is ride on daddy's shoulders






My sunny happy girl


And then she grabbed some leaves off the tree and attempted to eat them


She also likes to "help" me push her stroller











And this poem I found online, I just had to include.

Mom, Now that I'm a Mother

Until I became a Mother,
I did not understand,
The profound sense of love,
In a Mother's heart and hands.

As I whisper, "Mommy loves you",
I rock my precious child to sleep.
Small perfection in my arms,
Sweet breaths, slow and deep.

I now see me as a baby,
You're rocking me to sleep.
You whisper, "Mommy loves you,
My heart is yours to keep."

At last I recognize your love,
As a Mother I now see.
As I hold and love my child,
You feel that love for me.

I will always be your baby,
Despite the years that pass.
You have given me my life,
And a Mother's heart to last.

The greatest thanks I can offer,
More than words can ever say.
Is to give my child the love,
You gave me everyday.

Thank you for everything you've done for me, mama, happy mother's day. I love you!
And happy mother's day to all the moms out there!

No comments: