Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Well, yesterday was an interesting day...

Yesterday I went to get fingerprinted as a part of my application to become a citizen of the U.S. Even though, my dad (who went do get his done a couple of weeks ago) assured me that he was in an out in just 45 minutes, I wasn't quite so lucky: I got there at 11am (my appointment time) and left around 1:30pm. Boo! It was a long and boring wait, but I read the "study materials" for the naturalization test and it couldn't be any easier! I also decided to figure out when my 540 days are up (from the moment of the receipt of my application): March 31, 2010 - yes, I was really bored. So I should become a citizen on or before then - I really hope it's before, my sister had to wait a whole year before from sending in the paperwork till the interview...
When I got home, we decided to go to Staten Island - my dearest husband refuses for some odd reason to get his haircuts anywhere in Brooklyn, so off we went. Of course, we had to stop by S.I. mall and got loads of cute baby things - on sale too! Then we stopped by my in-laws and Zhenia's cousin came over with her kids - so Sasha finally got to meet her cousins - Sarah, Daniel, and Jonathan. Here's a pic from last night with all of us, except for my father-in-law:

No comments: