Thursday, February 5, 2009

5 months already!

WOW! I keep catching myself thinking, where has the time gone? Sasha turned 5 months today! She's such a big girl now and she's changed so much since she was just born and can now do so much more, but at the same time it really seems that just yesterday we brought her home from the hospital and she was just a tiny teeny baby! The changes are absolutely remarkable, and they all happened so fast. I feel like before we know it, we're going to be celebrating her first birthday, then her high school graduation, then her wedding! I just cannot believe that 5 months have passed since Sasha was born.
I saw a woman in Macy's a couple of days ago with a newborn, maybe a 2-week-old, and I suddenly felt a wave of sadness that I don't have that anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy that she's growing and learning new things every day, but at the same time, she'll never be that little tiny newborn baby again. I try to cherish each and every moment I have with her, remembering every silly thing she does, every laugh and coo, because I'm afraid this will pass all too quickly and one day she won't constantly need her mommy, when hanging out with friends will be more exciting and "cool" than with mom. I think this may be why I'm having a problem letting go and leaving her with someone while my husband and I go out...
Ok, enough silly sappy sentimentality from mommy and onto some Sasha cuteness!


Prepping for her photo session with mommy


"Yes, I'm a big girl!"


"Ok, enough pictures, mommy, I'm going to go play with the puppy now"

No comments: